- Ph.D., Stanford Graduate School of Business, 2021
- M.S. in Statistics, Stanford University, 2020
- M.Phil. in Economics (Research Track), University of Cambridge, 2016
- B.A. in Economics (High Honors), Bogazici University, 2015
- 2021-Present: Uber Technologies, Applied Scientist
- I work in the Experimentation Science team within the Core Analytics and Sciences group. I develop, improve and maintain Uber’s A/B testing and marketplace experimentation platforms.
- 2020 June-September: Facebook Core Data Science, Research Intern
- I designed, scoped and executed a research project to analyze the launch of an ads-related product using machine learning based modern causal inference techniques. Used observational and experimental methods to measure the causal impact of the product launch on users, analyzing heterogeneous, time-varying treatment effects.
2017- 2021: Stanford Graduate School of Business, Teaching & Research Assistant
Data-Driven Impact, with Prof. Susan Athey and Dr. Niall Keleher (Winter, Spring 2020): I was part of the team which taught the very first version of Stanford’s Data-Driven Impact course. I guided and facilitated student collaborations with social impact startups, prepared interactive tutorials on relevant topics in machine learning and provided direction and statistical advice to groups of students. I covered a wide range of topics such as hypothesis testing, statistical power, linear and logistic regression, neural networks, matrix completion, word embeddings, topic models, and recommendation systems. (Link to Student Evaluations)
Data and Decisions, with Prof. Peter Reiss (Summer 2019): Introduction to statistics for Stanford’s GSB Master’s students. Held office hours and tutorials teaching R for linear regression, data manipulation and statistical hypothesis testing.
Microeconomic Theory, with Prof. Dana Foarta (Fall 2019): Ph.D. level course based on material from Mas Colell & Whinston & Green. Held office hours and weekly review sessions on consumer and producer theory. (Link to Student Evaluations)
2016-2017: JPMorgan & Chase London, Project Manager and Business Analyst
- I managed global projects coordinating teams across regions to build tech infrastructure and respond to client needs in preparation for Brexit.
Summer 2014: Koc University, Research Assistant
- I conducted data entry and analysis for an experimental economics project analyzing behavioral interventions covering more than twenty primary schools and thousands of students. Supervised by Professor Seda Ertac.
2013-2015: Bogazici University, Teaching Assistant
- I ran weekly review sessions for multiple game theory, micro- and macroeconomics and mathematical statistics courses. I was a volunteer teaching assistant and one-on-one tutor to visually impaired students for courses in mathematics and microeconomics.
Conferences and Meetings
- NBER Young Scholars Workshop on the Economics of Artificial Intelligence, September 2019
- Econometric Society World Congress, Summer 2020
Honors And Awards
- Stanford GSB Ph.D. Fellowship, 2017-2021
- Economics Faculty Bursary, University of Cambridge, 2016
Computer Skills & Languages
- R, Python, C++, SQL, Stata, Matlab, Julia, ArcGIS, LaTeX, VBA, Unix
- Languages: English, French, Turkish
Other & Community Service
- President, Stanford GSB Ph.D. Student Association (2019-2020)
- Social Events Officer, Stanford GSB Ph.D. Student Association (2018-2019)
- Volunteer Teaching Assistant for Visually Impaired Students, Bogazici University (2013-2014)