- Ph.D., Stanford Graduate School of Business, 2017-Present
- M.S. in Statistics, Stanford University, 2020
- M.Phil. in Economics (Research Track), University of Cambridge, 2016
- B.A. in Economics (High Honors), Bogazici University, 2015
- 2020 June-September: Facebook Core Data Science, Research intern
- Designed, scoped and executed a research project to analyze the launch of an ads-related product using machine learning based modern causal inference techniques. Used observational and experimental methods to measure the causal impact of the product launch on users, analyzing heterogeneous, time-varying treatment effects.
2017- Present: Stanford Graduate School of Business, Teaching Assistant
Data-Driven Impact, with Prof. Susan Athey and Niall Keleher (Winter, Spring 2020): Project based data science course on applying methods from machine learning and causal inference to real-world scenarios, working with partner organizations. Topics include experiment design, data analysis, experimental and observational methods for analyzing the impact of changes in product features. (Link to Student Evaluations)
Microeconomic Theory, with Prof. Dana Foarta (Fall 2019): Ph.D. level course based on material from Mas Colell & Whinston & Green. Held office hours and weekly review sessions on consumer and producer theory. (Link to Student Evaluations)
Data and Decisions, with Prof. Peter Reiss (Summer 2019): Introduction to statistics for Stanford’s MSx students. Held office hours and tutorials teaching R for linear regression, data manipulation and statistical tests.
2016-2017: JPMorgan & Chase London, Project Manager and Business Analyst
- Managed multiple projects, coordinating teams across regions to change the legal entity structure, build tech infrastructure, and respond to client needs in preparation for Brexit.
Summer 2014: Koc University, Research Assistant
- Conducted experiments in the field, collaborated with Ph.D. students and worked on data entry and analysis. Supervised by Professor Seda Ertac.
2013-2015: Bogazici University, Teaching Assistant
- Conducted weekly problem solving sessions and held office hours for multiple courses such as statistics, game theory, public finance, and micro- and macroeconomics at different levels.
Conferences and Meetings
- NBER Young Scholars Workshop on the Economics of Artificial Intelligence, September 2019
- Econometric Society World Congress, Summer 2020
Honors And Awards
- Stanford GSB Ph.D. Fellowship, 2017-Present
- Economics Faculty Bursary, University of Cambridge, 2016
Computer Skills & Languages
- R, Python, C++, SQL, Stata, Matlab, ArcGIS, LaTeX, VBA, Unix
- Languages: English, French, Turkish
Other & Community Service
- President, Stanford GSB Ph.D. Student Association (2019-2020)
- Social Events Officer, Stanford GSB Ph.D. Student Association (2018-2019)
- Volunteer Teaching Assistant for Visually Impaired Students, Bogazici University (2013-2014)